Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Next evolutionary step in camera rigs?
  • Or the newest Ghostbuster Proton Pack?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-hand-held-rig-DSLR-RED-ONE-EPIC-MX-CANON-5D-7D-/300644433887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45ffcdffdf

Actually, I thought it was a joke when I first saw the pictures. Reminds me of the "Passion Aggression Chassis" rig:

Oh, and happy new year PV'ers.
    HumanCraneMaintitle.jpg
    431 x 650 - 58K
    resting.jpg
    232 x 350 - 48K
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • its kinda cool with the jib mode. time to dig out the old hiking backpack, right?
  • The "at rest" shot is high comedy.
  • These guys are hilarious!!! I've been wanting to do a few videos like this for a while, but it looks like they beat me to it. ...Great stuff though!
  • I just noticed it only mentions the Canon 5D MkII and 7D as compatible DSLRs.
    Oh well, hope they'll have one for the GH2! Perhaps they'll call it the Velociraptor rig
  • "dumbest fucking thing I have every seen"

I have to agree.... I don't even want to imagine the quality of handheld "jib" footage from that thing.

• Funny as hell!

• @RRRR Thanks for finding this! I love the way the dude keeps giving the thumbs up while his spine must be cracking. At 3:04 is hilarious, it's like he's dancing ballet to the music. Is that a wireless monitor setup or what? Or did they deliberately not connect a wire because they must realise how inconvenient it would be

• :) it's brilliant. Much funnier than the spoof one. It is meant to look easy but all it says is: this is awkward as hell!