Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV Telegram channel! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Cryptocurrency Scam: TSMC love it
  • Taiwan semiconductor firms will see major revenue boosts from the global cryptocurrency mining craze in 2018, as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has landed sizable orders from Bitmain, China's leading Bictoin ASIC designer, for fabricating mining chips, while Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) and TSMC-affiliated Global Unichip have shared the backend packaging and testing orders, according to industry sources.

    At the moment, China's Bitmain, Canaan Creative, and Ebang Communication are the world's top-3 suppliers of Bitcoin mining solutions in terms of shipments, with Bitmain alone commanding a 70% share of the global market for such miners.

    Bitmain's orders are enough to occupy 90% of TSMC's ASIC foundry capacity during off-peak season, with the remaining 10% booked by Canaan Creative. Bitmain's orders amount to 100,000 wafers monthly at TSMC, serving as a significant driver for the foundry house's revenue growth in 2018, the sources indicated.

    Meanwhile, ASE and Global Unichip are also ready to fulfill orders from the two China customers for backend services. In addition, Taiwan suppliers of graphic cards including Asustek, Micro-Star International (MSI) and Gigabyte are also expected to benefit from the brisk market demand for such cards to support GPU-based mining machines in the first quarter of 2018, and they are moving to raise quotes for such cards, the sources added.

    Whole line of parasites formed to participate in transforming useful energy into shit.

  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • Samsung on board also

    Samsung has reportedly been contracted by a China-based firm to fabricate Bitcoin mining ASICs with volume production already kicking off in January.

    Samsung has started to fabricate ASICs for Bitcoin mining for an unnamed China-based company, according to a report from South Korea-based website The Bell. New orders for Bitcoin mining solutions are set to be a new driver of Samsung's future profit growth, the report quoted unspecified company sources as indicating.

    Nice. Ditch good cameras to produce shite.