Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Happy New 2012 Year!
  • Want to congratulate all our community members, and wish them big luck in 2012.

Yep, economics will be worse. But fuck it. We are all smart here, could live with it, all of us will live better in the uncoming year, I am sure:-).
    No one makes tragedy from temperature changes (except TV girls, of course). So, fuck it.

Now back to the community.

We are not large. But.
    Right now we are the only community in the field:
    1) Without any affilation with big shops (despite requests from them :-) )
    2) Without any advertisments
    3) Without on the fly links exchange
    4) Without any required payments to post about software or products made by you
    5) Without any lengthly and scary rules.
    6) With financing by community itself.
    8) Place where guys with sole purpose of choosing new camera to improve their slideshows are not treated as primadonnas (why? see 1-3 )
    7) With best signal to noise ratio.

Good community must be like "One big, happy... if slightly dysfunctional... family" (this is quote from the film I like, if you don't know)

In upcoming year we'll be larger, but will be keeping our signal to noise. Introducing new features.
    Developing new hacks. Doing many other things.

• 59 Replies sorted by
  • word@vitaliy! Looking forward to 2012 with the community, and looking forward to shooting short film on GH2VK! :)
  • Happy New Year everybody!.
    Vitaly, great job in the management of this forum.
    You have provided a forum in which really smart
    people can be heard above the noise, and your
    tireless and generous contributions have encouraged
    others to make similar contributions. I think everyone
    has learned a great because of this, and with this knowledge
    and these tools you have helped remove the barriers to
    entry for all us little guys. A big thanks to you and all
    the other great contributors in the forum who are bringing
    the power directly to the people.
  • happy new year to everyone! I wish health and quality family time to everyone first and foremost. Perhaps a new's year's resolution for some us including myself would be more, better, and more creative content?!

Thanks to Vitaliy et al for not just the hack, but all the effort with expanding this community.
  • Want to add one more thing.

If you don't have children, or have only 1 or 2, make a baby in 2012.
    Better even, make a baby 1 January.

After all, cameras had been invented to film babies. So, have something to film :-)
  • Happy New Year for everybody!!!.
  • Happy new year to all the members of the community and especially to the more constructive ones here like Vitaly, Driftwood, Cbrandin, Lpowell etc and sorry for who i don't remember. I think this is a very great community, thanks to everybody!
  • Happy new year too. Really appreciate the efforts being taken here to make this community different. Best signal to noise ration. Also most swearwords to signal ratio ... but fuck it :)
  • Happy new year everybody from Spain.One moré time, thank you vitaliy, driftwood, Brandin and others
  • I totally fucking agree with every single statement VK has made. This community is a hellluva group of people and I just want to wish every single one of you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR, and 2012 is going to tight but lets face it, with little money available, loans no option for small biz, recession deepening, we are much more likely to be more creative. The HDSLR revolution reminds me of Punk (it changed music), the computer & the Internet (we are able to compete), and just remember this punk motto 'it was easy, it was cheap, go and DO IT'... Bonne Annee, Driftwood :-)
    PS I need a new keyboard! The L key keeps going bonkers
  • Happy New Year everyone !
    "Happy Families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." Lev Tolstoï
  • @driftwood

Get IBM M one. It'll pass to your son.
  • Happy New Year everyone!
    And special thanks to you Vitaliy for providing this site and the Hack.
    Also thanks to Driftwood, Brandin and many more for you contributions.
    Locking forward to the new year, new introdutions and hacks.
  • Happy New Year to everyone too and seconding Driftwood's post above!
  • Happy new year! Go out, celebrate and be safe. 100% agree with mr. V. we are smart, we are quality family, and we will be okay.
  • I particularly support the "fck the corporations" and "make a new baby" points. Happy New Year everybody!
  • @GOODEMPIRE

me too. very good points. Not happy new years to everyone, though. Those truckers of mothers that are corporations deserve no such good wishes.
  • +100 to the personal-view community! Fuck big corporations! :-)
  • Happy new year everyone, and special thanks Vitaliy, Chris, Nick, Stray and great great members of this community! :-)
  • Happy new year! I love to fuck, so I'll do it with pleasure :-). Fuck them! December 14, 2011 my daughter Antonina was born , so I'll have a break in the making of the next child, so I am just fucking corporations :-). Thank you all for the knowledge conveyed in this forum, thank you for your intransigence and kindness for my ignorance.
    Toska for personal view.png
    2304 x 1728 - 4M
  • Happy New Year! And big thanks to Vitaliy for all his hard work, and for keeping up this site!
  • I am proud to be part of community where we help each other find solutions, make better films, and to rise above our own limits...Happy New Year to you all. Cheers
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I use an old IBM mechanical switch keyboard that I got from my dad, at the rate it's going my 3yo son will probably get it someday.
  • Big congratulations to all who is still in 2011.
    We are waiting for you here.
  • Big thanks to Vitaliy and everyone else for this amazing community. Here's to some great stuff in 2012 - by the time it gets here I won't be able to type. So cheers to you all!!
  • Great !!! Im able to post. Happy New Year. I have learned so much from this site. I am going to Donate Glady today to your site. I owe you that much for teaching me about the Gh2 which can be a pain in the ass as we all know. Thanks Vitaliy.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions