Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
NAB NY 2017: Detailed interview about Panasonic EVA1
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • You should ask more about LSI inside and sensor tech. What is that diferentes approach of light gathering they say. The raw output future will be 10 bit shit like C200 or proper 12 bit as minimum.

It's a rig up camera. You'll sped at least 12k to have it running all good. Gh5 seem with speed booster a compelling alternative. But that variacam sensor tech. Hmmm the colors and with infrared. Lots of creative possibilities

. It's very powerful little beast.

• You should ask more about LSI inside and sensor tech. What is that diferentes approach of light gathering they say

It is quite useless questions until you have japan camera engineer, and also if he is allowed to talk about this.

The raw output future will be 10 bit shit like C200 or proper 12 bit as minimum.

You need to check specs for this.

It's a rig up camera. You'll sped at least 12k to have it running all good.

How so? How about write your full calculation.

Gh5 seem with speed booster a compelling alternative.

:-)

• About the riging

• Complete rig 1500
    • Memoriesx4 480
    • Viewfinder 1000
    • Batery x4 200
    • Átomos 1000
    • Its Bateries 200
    • Cables 100
    • Microphone 300

Riging 4780 bucks +Eva1 7500 =$12280

I'm not even playing the expensive game. Things get real with accessories. And I'm not putting any lens on it.

• About sensor tech for me as cinematographer is important to understand it better, so I can feed him well with light he likes.

For example, black magic images as far as I see things are more organic textured with better overall character. It's more pleasing to the eye. Yes is shit camera to work too much quirks all of the models, no exception, but it's sensors when treated well they play very well the alexa game.

This sensor for some reason I haven't seen anything thats wow, this is beautifully rendered image all looks very clinical and not that appealing. It feels more like a camera made for TV with an approach for cinematography. At this point I can't say more, I'm sure I have gathered the experience to notice some stuff over the years. Other examples back ago was the ikonoskop and not that long ago that kodak sensor on the old school type camera... I don't remember name. Well ccd it's different to cmos either way you know what I refer to.

Personally I had big expectations for this camera but at this point I can't stop thinking that this is a gh5 with additional FPGAs in different casing with the 35mm sensor everyone cry for.

But carry on 5500 buck for basically a sensor and outputs?? That is good profit panafriend.

• It's a rig up camera. You'll sped at least 12k to have it running all good.

Alternatively I could just get a SmallHD 502 (with SideFinder) plus spare battery (third party ones are cheap: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1203126-REG/idx_system_technology_sl_vbd96_7_2v_li_ion_battery.html ) and then I'd be good to go! (oh plus the obvious tripod/lens/etc... that everything else always needs anyway! Oh and memory cards, which are SD cards! Nothing super duper fancy)

But carry on 5500 buck for basically a sensor and outputs?? That is good profit panafriend.

Not unreasonable compared to FS7/FS5 or C300/C200 etc.

And having the likes of TC + XLR + SDI & more, are big features!

• Its not unreasonable of course, big profit.

Anyways, the camera still has to be tested with more lenses and filters and scenarios. I think the sensor has the potential to make a hit on this camera.