Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
High School Football Championship video w/ GH2 and a couple of Canons
  • Got some fantastic footage last Friday at my old High School's championship football game. The bulk of the video is shot with a GH2 @ 1080p 132mbps, though the overcrank stuff is all stock firmware. There's also a decent amount of Canon 60D in there, and a little bit of 7D as well. Overall, the image out of the GH2 is unreal, and it's so small and light that I could cover an entire event by myself with no worries. The EX tele mode is wonderful for getting extra reach out of your lenses, and the micro 4/3 sensor offers (IMHO) the best compromise between controllable DOF and crop.

As always, comments and criticism is welcomed!

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Nice! Very FNL!
  • Well Done! Great camera work and the edit flow tells the story well
  • Very Nice!!!
  • Very well done!
  • Beautiful!
  • I like the way you get all the elements that make up the spectacle...coaches,players,family,cheerleaders, marching band, fans, big plays, winners and losers. Good work.
  • Very very nice :-)
  • Love the clip - it's grouped together really well. What was the clip with the slowmo people jumping at approx 1:30 shot on? comes out very well, wasn't sure if they were 60fps 720p or something.

Great coverage though, they choose well in putting you in to this
  • What a nice work! 100% broadcastable!