Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV Telegram channel! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
G85 hack possibility?
  • Any chance that might happen? Thats a great camera with lots of users and it would be so awesome if someone would start working toward a hack! I have so many ideas how to improve this baby. Not only bitrates\framerates, but manual focusing as well (which would solved huge pia with panasonic autofocus). I would gladly donate money for such a project and participate as a tester and ideas generator.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • You can read this

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/17042/panasonic-imgapp-web-protocol-hacks#Item_40

Just begin sending request with .html format and see if have any success.

• I changed link to local one, this topic also contains your link anyway.

• I read the thread and right now as I understand there is not even a single successful attempt at changing bitrate) Well, I hope something will come up from this, I will be monitoring this topic. But what I was hoping for is a FIRMWARE hack. Though, if someone manages to create an app hack, that would be awesome as well.

• Firmware hack is far far from reality. There are more posibilities that pana guys let some funtions hiden but accesible in some way.

• why is it so difficult, does anybody have a clue? like taking a gh5 firmware, and pasting some options from there to g85 firmware for starters?

• @Ashley_James

For starters you need both firmwares unencrypted and reversed.

And you won't be able to cut and past still, as sensors, and other things are different.

• @Ashley_James It is a super complicated process. You need something with deep understanding of firmware, and software tools needed to work with them.

• I see. I guess the problem is a lack of proper tools and a source code for a firmware. We need to hack into Panasonic software development division and steal there tools in order to do something)

Well, than I better get back writing letters to Panasonic. Btw, does anyone know a viable email address, where I could send them my requests?

• We need to hack into Panasonic software development division and steal there tools in order to do something.

Good idea :-) For extra jail time, not for tools.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev is right. Even with code doesn't mean that we would get a good hack. Want better productions? Spend money on tallented actors- set dressers, and let's not forget lighting.

• Actually I am thinking about G85. But too busy now, and we have exhibitions ahead and lab stuff.

• One more G85 here! I really think Imgapp protocol need further study. Look at this new possibilities, like changing profiles or parameters while recording in real time. With a calibrated external monitor we can get exactly the image we want.

• Well, I wound't say no. ;-) But I do understand that hacks take lots of time and energy. Would be nice to have GH5 like features in G85. However would the LSI even have enough power?