Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Small prediction
  • It looks like we are not far from audio forums situation.

In Russia we have famous quote describing this:

Ты суслика видишь? — Нет. — И я нет. А он есть.

It'll be about:

Do you see a gopher? - No. - I also do not. But he is here.
  • 47 Replies sorted by
  • I have a new filter that will drastically improve the resolution of light in the 500nm range that will make your blacks a lot more tighter. Its going to cost $700 but you cant believe the deference.

You will not believe the tightness of it.
  • It has do with nyquist frequency and how it divides up to the visual color spectrum. It makes all the wavelengths of light sync up to give that unbelievable TIGHT look.
  • @bitcrusher

I fully support this approach.
    I knew for long what all this Nyquist thing is muddy.
    You really need 24bits per color to make your home footage really shine.
    And do not forget 20 stops. This is a must. Sadly compacts now get you only 15 stops. So, are unusable.
    And never attempt to compress it.
    I'd rather buy big storage facility for my hard drives than compress even one bit of my video.
  • I hear you on the 20 stops issue!

That is why the gold GH1 that was made in Japan was the best camera ever made!

IT IS TIGHT
  • they are aliens. see bitcrusher's avatar.
  • @FGCU audio forums situation = excessive quality of storage etc...

Basically CD quality audio (good audio) uncompressed (basically) is 44.1KHz. You can pick up cheep $150 recorders that record 24bit 96KHz. Yet even so- some of the highest quality audio gear is quite inexpensive compared to video!
  • Most of audio forums are full of people in search of a gopher.
    Synthesizer is not good if sampling library is less than 10Gb (normally this guys need to pay big bucks to have you stay in the place they are playing :-) ), effect processors are not good because lack of pure analog quality (same shit), all digital amplifiers are crap, you always need toroidal transformers in every power supply (better use dedicated power conditioner), proper capacitors, etc
  • @alcomposer

The audio guys don't understand what near infrared will do to your digital signal.

That is why the Gold GH1 will give you the best images. IR pollution will just go straight threw black plastic. There is a low pass filter on the front of the sensor but none on the back. That is why I get such an organic look from my gold GH1. Gold reflects the unwanted IR radiation off of your camera.

I know what you are thinking, "what about the silver GH2?" I did tests and yes the silver reflects most of the unwanted IR radiation but for some reason causes a spike around the 430nm spectrum causing a lifeless digital image.

The good news is I am working on a gold coating for the GH2 that will yield unbelievable Tight images. It will not be cheap but you can't describe in words what it will do your image. Stay Tuned!
  • this is the best thread I've ever read. pure genius. I'll take two gold gh2's please
  • Here is my new Kit to transform your GH2 into a RED killer.

Its $1299 if you order NOW!
    im_gh2_paint.jpg
    263 x 500 - 101K
  • Just got my gold stuff from bit crusher, and MAN! it works like super awesome. totally worth every penny.
  • I wish I could show you all the incredibly tight organic images. But Vimeo will not be able to handle the unbelievable detail. I could post up the org MTS files but there is no way I am going to degrade the image by transferring it onto my hard drive.

I will take pictures of my LCD screen so you can all see the amazing organic detail, the image is just so TIGHT!

You would think that people would learn that if you want the best then you must use Sandisk Extreme cards with a serial number starting with ANG2344. I tried some that were in the CHA3322 and I tosed them in the bin right away! Total garbage.
  • i really dont have a clue what this has to do with the initial topic. im confused.
  • >im confused

Don't be.

This is serious.
    I am also thinking that Sandisk since 8/11 are now much worse.
    Electrons must be inproperly aligned in nand flash cells.
  • Electrons must be spun in the right direction by virgins (very rare species these days) on the first full moon night between midnight and one o'clock on the Icelandic hillside of a glacier! How could Sandisk neglect this?
  • Can someone tell me how the pink GF3 is technologically superior, because it's really pretty.
  • All my SandDisk starts with BM112 ...
    32GB 30mb/s Extreme Video HD ...
    had no problems ...
  • The right batch of memory card is only half the equation.

For the noobs out there you have got to get your selves a decent memory card reader! What’s the point of spending hours of your time the actors time and all the expense when your footage will look like garbage!

With a TRUEReader you can transfer your footage in pristine ORDER with TRUE blacks and noise in the range of only 234 per 1000!!!!!!!!!

For only $2499 it’s definitely worth it and pretty cheap when you think about it.
    TRUEReader.jpg
    667 x 488 - 34K
  • guys, its a bit off topic but I don't want to start a new thread - Vitaliy, pleas delete this if like to punish me

well I swallowed this dirty old sd card with a hack firmware on it. Now I feel i frame only! any chance to go back? or did even i brick me?

how ever keep up the great work guys - I have to span now
  • No analog film look without a tube sd card reader. Sorry.
    3914021539_1335dd57ae_m.jpg
    240 x 160 - 32K
  • Oh Sh|t... nobody told me they bought out a TRUEReader Analog model when I was buying my TRUEReader 1000!!!

With its patented 7 stage analog circuitry and dual usb connectors it produces the most filmic image and even has dust & scratches removal!

I'm definitely going to save up an extra 2 grand for this beauty!

Anyone want my old TRUEReader 1000 for a bargain used price of $1800?
    TRUEReader-Analog.jpg
    667 x 488 - 46K
  • kujina, this is interesting. I'm in the market for a new card reader for quite a while now. My current reader seams to be unable to read. I'm on a mac and VoiceOver is turned on. What languages does the TRUEReader 1000 support? If only Vitaliy could hack those card readers. Fuck card reader industry - they only want your money!
  • @bitcrusher

Brilliance! That brightened up my day.
  • Ive read this 6 times....I'm still completely baffled....
  • The TRUEReader 1000 is easily upgraded with platinum-lined alpha-wrap. Basically, it's stuff that conditions the electronic circuitry to optimize the data flow and mimics the effect of tubes. I mean, obviously there's a lot more to it than that. But to be practical for a second, it's cheaper than going for the 2000 model and (some say) a lot better even on non-hacked systems. And @mpgxsvcd and @Alex it will support any language you care to throw at it.