Personal View site logo
Cinema gear deals, direct from factories - Gear deals and Gear deals section. Also check Cameras, lenses, software, gear deals.
You support is vital for us. To keep this place ad free and independent, select one of the options below.
Donations are going to community support costs, hosting, etc. Your support allows to improve and expand this site.
Panasonic GH5 camera: Best settings and issues topic
  • This topic is to discuss about settings on the GH5, as also its issues.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • My copy for example, sometimes when I switch on the camera, does nothing, all black. I have to switch-off & then on again, so the camera will start properly working. Anyone has same experience?

• The focus transition feature is not available with my Panasonic 20mm 1,7 H-H020 Firmware 1.1 lens.

I hope this can be fixed with a camera/lens firmware update as this is my favorite native Lens.

Other older lenses I tried do work fine: Panasonic 14mm 2,5 H-H014 Firmware 1.0 OK Panasonic 14-42mm 3,5-5,6 H-FS014042 Firmware 1.0 OK Panasonic 14-42mm 3,5-5,6 H-PS014042 Firmware 1.2 OK

It would also be great to be able to controll the focus transitions with the panasonic app. Not yet implemented.

• Hmm, I have only the 25mm f/1.7 from Pana, I'll check if it works with focus transition..

• Same with mine. Very happy with it.

• due to the problem I described above, my GH5 has been sent to Panasonic already more than a week now. They say they're waiting a part from Japan, so no camera till the end of the month... Today I had to shoot an event with my Canon 7D, I so much regretted...