Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Olympus and big sharks
  • Woodford said he did not believe new investors such as Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs, which snapped up a near 7 percent stake in November, were trying to turn a quick profit on the company's misfortunes.

"I've spoken to people whom Goldman has bought the stock for," he said.

"I don't foresee Olympus being sold or anything like that happening. Those interested in taking a stake see a company that will have a renaissance -- and support a new strong management with me and others."

Market experts say more than 50 percent of Olympus's stock is now likely to be held outside Japan -- although Tokyo-based hedge fund Tower Investment Management has bought a chunky 5.95 percent Olympus stake, according to a regulatory filing.

"I think it's a very dynamic situation," Woodford said. "But I think overwhelmingly those outside Japan support me."

Operation made by UK and US banks seems to be working :-)
    As for mr. Woodford. I hope someone from "japanese crime syndicates" will find him before he'll have chance to run Olympus into disaster.
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Very interesting.
  • Generally, it is same that I told from day one :-)
  • Japanease gov is so powerless and pathetic. Hopefully they keep M43 product lines.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    I doubt you'll find Woodford-san singing karaoke in a late night Kabukicho hostess bar these days...
  • A panel appointed by the board of scandal-hit Olympus has said the "core part of management was rotten", but has found no link to organised crime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16044943