Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
better quality video on vimeo?
  • I was allways thinking about one thing but i couldn´t make a test because i don´t have vimeo+ account and also no GH2 body...as we all know, vimeo+ has a limitation on 1GB per file which is for all-intra gh2 shooters a little bit shame .. and let´s say i have a 1920x1080p video. I can render it and set the bitrate to highest possible but little bit lower than 1GB.. but i can also scale it down to 1280x720P (which would make a sharper HD than if I would shoot it in 720p natively) and set the bitrate even higher for 1280x720p video than on the 1080p ...because 1080p would have bigger capacity (MB) than 720p at same bitrates .. would that make a scaled full hd video to hd only with higher bitrates better on vimeo? or is it stupid? anybody who wants to try?
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • quote__vimeo+ has a limitation on 1GB per file__quote
    Not anymore. Now they are up to 5GB per week and it can be just a single 5GB file.
  • Or you can just get a plus account. it's not that expensive and worth it.
  • oh really? i feel now like i slept for age.. somehow i didn´t noticed it on vimeo.. thanks Mike_C ! that makes my topic really unnecessary haha.. yes Phenixone it´s definitely worth it , i will upgrade soon.
  • Related to this question, I still wonder what the optimal export settings from e.g. adobe premiere for Vimeo upload would be?

According to vimeo help page http://vimeo.com/help/compression they state that HD video files should be 5000 kbps (sound AAC 44.1khz). But I find 5000 kbps to be suboptimal, still see compression artifacts.

Normally I export VBR two pass at 5000 kbps from premerie, but is this optimal? (I've tried with CBR, but I think they end up with more visible compression artifacts).
    The visual quality is one thing. Another problem is audio sync, I often experience vimeo audio playback is consequently too slow (not in sync, the audio is a little too "slow").

Anyone knowing/using some ideal settings? :)

• yes , i was wondering that too.. i shoot now only 720p but if would have gh2 and i was shooting with quantum patch i would try to set in premiere the "level" to highest option.. when you set level to 5.1 you can export video up to 2pass VBR with maximum 240mbit/s , i didn´t tried it but i think the highest level should be enought for sir Driftwood´s intra patches ..also there is a "set key frame distance" at default it´s unchecked and when you check it you can set the distance.. i would like to know how it renders when the bar stays unchecked.. when i try to adjust the key frame distance the estimated file size won´t change so i have no idea how the key frames settings works