Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The Greatest Star Trek Episode of them all
  • See if you agree with the first part. Can you guess the winner?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Why do you consider this question important at all?

I mean except to get some views.

• Because some of us enjoy talking about it. I do a little more than just a list. I show highlights, talk about why I think one episode is special.

The next one will compare the influences that created the single greatest episode.

1. Chauncy you're a horrible person [only half kidding] for titling a video "The Greatest Star Trek Episode of them All" and then finishing with a "Subscribe and come back next week and I'll really tell you which one I think is best". Click Bait!

2. Balance of Terror - there are a lot of reasons why this one is the best but what really distinguishes it is that while many episodes tell you that Kirk is a great leader and a brilliant tactician this one really shows it. There is a sustained level of tension through out the episode and while, like so many TOS episodes, this is a Cold War parable, it doesn't hit you over the head with it.

3. The lesson we should learn from watching ST: TOS is that story and imagination are king. People will forgive flaws in everything else: sets, wardrobe, special effects, props, cinematography, acting; so long as the story is compelling.

• I will give you my choice in a few days. I hadn't planned on cutting it into two, but it got too long and I'd rather make two vids than one where I have to cut things to keep the length down.

I did slide in a Part1..

• The final choice is up. Crazy Pete, I agree. It was always my choice. There was no doubt.