Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung shaking: Want to split LSI division and sell computer division
  • Samsung Electronics’ System LSI business division is largely divided into four segments; system on chip (SoC) team which develops mobile APs, LSI development team, which designs display driver chips and camera sensors, foundry business team and support team. According to many officials in the industry, Samsung Electronics is now considering forming the fabless division by uniting the SoC and LSI development teams and separating from the foundry business."

Samsung is in talks with Lenovo to sell all computer department that still makes notebooks for some markets.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I'm surprised their computer division lasted longer than their camera division, when was the last time anyone seen a Samsung laptop?

• I'm surprised their computer division lasted longer than their camera division, when was the last time anyone seen a Samsung laptop?

They just left some markets, but not all.

I saw today - https://computers.woot.com/offers/samsung-ativ-book-9-12-intel-128gb-laptop-1?ref=w_cnt_cdet_pc_dly_tl but deal ended.