Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The land of the Tiger - a mini doc shot in central India with the Sony A7sII
  • A mini documentary about the Tadoba Nationalpark in central India, where a population of tigers can still be seen in the wild. Already last year I made a little film about that area, which I find absolutely amazing: vimeo.com/148837040

This time it was monsoon season, which makes it especially difficult to track and see tigers, as they can easily hide in the jungle, and are not forced to come to the few water holes where you can typically see them. We were the only jeep on that weekend which spotted a tiger walking into the jungle. This posed a little problem for my film, as I had almost no footage.

My friend and colleague Parag Aklujkar, who made the whole trip possible and showed me around finally was helping me out with tiger shots which he did earlier already. Hence, a big "thank you" goes to Parag, without him there would not be any tiger shots in the film about the tigerland ... Also, he was borrowing me his Canon 100-400mm lens, which was really helpful!

I hope you enjoy the trip, let me know what you think in the comments below!

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunmac

Shot on a Sony A7sII in SLOG2, the aforementioned Canoon 100-400mm, a Tokina RMC 17mm f3.5, and a Canon FD50mm f1.4