Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Don’t lose a slim cap
  • I made a dumb mistake in swapping front lens caps between 14mm and 20mm when I sold 20mm. Both 46mm size, but 14mm one is slimmer. Sound silly but the few millimeters difference does make noticeable difference since the pancake is so tiny.

The price of the slim cap is $25 from ebay. No one else sells it. Geez. Adorama sells original Lumix lens caps for 46/52/62/67mm at cheaper price, but that's not the slim 46mm cap. Some suggested Leica slim lens cap at $27. Nah.

Luckily the buyer agreed to exchange the caps. Thank gawd.
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for the advice stonebat !
    Didn't thought there was a difference, although I noticed dramatic variation in size for rear caps :) (noname ones/olympus ones/genuine lumix ones).
  • All m43 lenses should have slim front and rear caps :)

BTW I don't like GF3 packaging. Panasonic excluded a lens rear cap and a camera mount cap. Also missing a lens pouch. That was just plain stupid.

Include the missing caps and the pouch!!! Plus a plastic container for a pancake lens...
  • @stonebat

They certainly will start to offer camera in plain recyclable package soon, you'll need to pay extra to get CD, any cables, charger and battery will be optional, and strap will be sold separately.
  • @VK would be totally ok with that... can't stand the strap anyway...
  • Yay, almost exactly like most portable PC are getting packaged nowadays!

(I'm being sarcastic of course)
  • no charger and battery is a pain though... :(
  • ok. that's it. let's learn how to sew and make our own pouch.