Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Happy Janmashtami - a mini doc shot in India
  • As happens very often, on a trip through India you just stumble into a festival - so did I on a recent trip to Pune, and I was completely fascinated again by the way the Indians know how to party! From the smallest children to old men, they all dance in the street for the annual Janmashtami. Shot in SLOG2 on the Sony A7sII. Thanks to Mandala Motion Pictures for providing the close up shot of breaking the pot of curd! Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunmac

let me know what you think!

Taken from Wiki: "Krishna Janmashtami (Devanagari कृष्ण जन्माष्टमी kṛṣṇa janmāṣṭamī), also known as Krishnashtami, ... or sometimes simply as Janmashtami, is an annual celebration of the birth of the Hindu deity Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu. Dahi Handi (dahi: curd, handi: earthen pot) ... involves making a human pyramid and breaking an earthen pot filled with curd tied at a convenient/difficult height. This event is based on the legend of the child-god Krishna stealing butter. A participant in this festival is called a govinda or govinda pathak. It is mostly popular in the state of Maharashtra. It is part of the main festival Gokulashtami, which is known as Krishna Janmashtami in the rest of the country, and celebrates the birth of Krishna. "