Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony A7S III - Possible leak
  • Original Page:

http://www.camerabeta.com/rumor/sony/sony-a7s-mark-iii-leaked/3380

English translated:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.camerabeta.com%2Frumor%2Fsony%2Fsony-a7s-mark-iii-leaked%2F3380&edit-text=

"【Suspect Sony a7S III specifications parameters ahead of exposure】 Beta to get a suspected Sony a7S III specifications parameters of the screenshots, and now share to you. The new machine will use 15 million pixel level BSI-CMOS with LSI, adjustable IR Filter can also be used as adjustable electronic ND filter, native ISO 100-102400, the maximum ISO is 409600, with 3-inch 1.2 million point flip LCD screen , Support 4: 2: 2 8bit 4K video recording."

This is a rumor.

a7s3.jpg
    1280 x 817 - 273K
  • 12 Replies sorted by
  • Well, Sony adjustable electronic ND is best that happened to video for last few years.

By idea must be in each and every video oriented camera , as well as offered as screw on filters. But patents...

• A 15 or 16-megapixel sensor seems not to make any sense. That doesn't seem like enough for full-res APS-C 4K and I can't imagine that there have been a bunch of people lining up to say "Sure, I like the A7s, but I wouldn't buy it unless it had at least 15 megapixels..." It seems like they could either keep it at 12 megapixels and reduce noise at ISO 80,000+ a little more - or jump to whatever resolution would enable 4K in crop mode and try to keep similar noise at high speed.

A built-in variable ND filter would be amazing, though.

• By idea must be in each and every video oriented camera , as well as offered as screw on filters. But patents...

@Vitaliy_Kiselev do you know of any screw on Variable Electronic ND's? I can't find one!

• Just made big project using a7sii. It gets overheated after 45-50 minutes indoor, and 5-6 minutes outdor at 30 celsius degrees. Bult in ND is great thing but if this cam will overheat as fast as a7sii, it just will not usable for many projects.

• @1917 I thought that overheating only happened if using internal recording? Can't you use HDMI recorder to bypass overheating? (I know it's not always possible)

• @alcomposer only for one shooting day i use old a7s recording on pix-e5 in 4k, and there was no any problem. But other days i use a7sii recording 4k on sd card, and it was oweheated every time. Unfortunately it was not possible to use external recorder for all project time.

• @1917 I have been thinking lately that a7sii and a7rii really are like a modular video camera system, in as much as they need external HDMI recording for long video use.

• It's 2018 and still no A7S III in stores yet. Anyway, here's a new rumor. https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-first-serious-sony-a7siii-specs-4k60p-and-hdr-video/

Source 1 (with a track of sharing 5 correct rumors out of 6)

4K HDR 60P The sensor is Exmor RS The number of pixels is unknown. Sony is nervous about information leakage, it is difficult to obtain detailed specifications. But according to sources, the A7S III is amazing, it is really amazing.

Source 2 (with a track of sharing 4 correct rumors out of 4)

The sensor of a7sIII would be new stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory which means a7sIII would have 4KHDR/60P. The sensor is technically superior to a9/fs sensor.

• If its still 4:2:0, people will be mad. I think people could probably deal with 8 bit, as long as it was 4:2:2. Lets see if they perpetuate outdated design.

• if they don't have anamorphic mode then its not worth it

• lol - Yes, the camera is absolutely not worthwhile if it doesn't have a feature like a 4:3 mode for anamorphic that less than 1% of the users care about.

"Oh, Sony just released a camera which allows me to shoot 4kp60 illuminated by nothing but the light of the full moon, but also has an electronic variable nd so that I can shoot in sunlight without carrying a bag of filters... but no 4:3 mode? What a piece of garbage. Who would even buy this crap"