Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Options for online or DVD courses in editing and sound
  • There are many books available to read through for screenwriting, cinematography, editing, sound design, etc.
    The best online "school" in terms of value seems to be lights film school.

What resources do you know for doing a course, either online or through DVDs ?
    By a course, I mean a planned schedule, sample footage, etc.
    I was especially interested in sound design in post, as there are limited options for "learning by doing".

I have a lot of footage taken for my film, but now I'm stuck trying to design the sound and editing properly.

I know we have reviewed lots of books, but these not a "course", more like a reference.
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • Most things I learned about film making I learned by watching DVD behind the scenes features and/or listening to DVD commentaries. Robert Rodriguez film commentaries and his 10 minute film schools are especially informative.

Do a youtube search for "sound design" and watch a couple of hours of clips and you'll learn the basics.