Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
"A Good Day Christmas Story" (driftwood Intra broadcast)
  • A Christmas Story done in 30 seconds for a Good Day Sacramento promo. Done with @Driftwood SeAQuake 1080/24p. Shot with 14-42mm at 14mm (first time I used the lens) on a fig rig. It will be broadcasting from now until Christmas.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • I actually watch 13 now looking for hacked GH2 footage.
  • @plasmasmp I shoot all the daily promos on it
  • Really great promo and looks awesome in HD! - Nice work and great piece aside from the camera work!
  • @Greek_M43 not only great to see professional broadcast work on the GH2... but great to see the 14-42 lens used in such a pro setting!

Fig-Rig looks great!

Lighting/Set looks great to!

I do wonder how you have convinced the station to go with the GH2 considering your kit (for this shoot) most probably has cost 1/2 the price of the talent alone?? (Im sure the response will be: "footage looks great"...) But just interesting to know your 'negotiation technique'.

Must dust off the 14-42 and give it another try after this. (That and ebay a fig rig...)

Tech Question: Any auto-focus used? Or simply running at ~f4...

:D
  • fig rig . . . for the simplicity, it works darn well. rented one the other day, and for a really light GH2 setup, it is pretty awesome.
  • @Greek_m43 LOL, nice one! :-)
  • @alcomposer thanks! Its funny that I never used the 14-42 before. The SLR Magic 12mm was a little too wide, so we went with the 14-42 at the widest. It was stopped down to f5.6 or something, I dont remember. The promo department at my station has 2 EX1s and a 7D but I just prefer to use my GH2. They dont care either way as long as it looks great. The commercial department will also have me shoot state and national spots on my GH2.

Check this thread out, it has some of my daily promos all with the GH2 (the shots are quick and dirty, sorry about that) http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/441
  • @Greek_m42...

Awesome! If only we could get more broadcasters working with the GH2... maybe it could make its way onto the 'accepted camera' list???

(maybe with faster SD!)
  • @alcomposer I'm working on getting it known with CBS!
  • @Greek_m43 let me know if your station needs any filmed material from Australia... (have GH2, can film)