Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GX8 and 30p mode
  • Got a question for fellow GX8 owners. For some reason the 30p video mode is showing combing/interlacing artifacts. I have attached a still frame from a test video and you can clearly see the combing artifacts around my fingers. I know the 30p is shot in PsF in Panasonic cameras, but I've never had a problem, with the G6, GH2, and GX7. Footage from those cameras all come out looking progressive. Anybody else has the same issue?

GX8.png
    1017 x 552 - 895K
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • Interesting discovery: the files play fine with Windows Media Player and MPC-HC, but in VLC and Sony Vegas, they show up as interlaced.

• Just figured it out. For other GX8 owners, using Photofunstudio to convert the mts files into MP4 files fixed the problem. Kind of a bummer since it's adds another step to the workflow.

• You should be able to shoot in mp4 directly and avoid this step. The only reason to shoot in AVCHD at this point is if it gives a different bitrate, or allows for longer continuous shooting. I almost never use it on my G7.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions