Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ethernet switch for audiophiles

You really need this thing due to some unique properties.

1. It can work only with proper directional network cables.
    2. Ethernet packages are preserved with unmatched accuracy.
    3. Toroid transformer and slow 100Mbit speed together with metal screens ensure lowest noise levels possible in audio signals.
    4. Extremely cheap $375 price ($120 shipping to US only!)

http://jspcaudio.net/np/20160518/

img425.jpg
    732 x 461 - 43K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Don't forget to buy the proper EtherNet cable for this. As you can see, the few hundred dollars for the switch are cheap in comparison to the thousands of dollars you'll have to pay for the cables ;-)

• Cables are more important. As if you have too much entangled electrons all your audio will lost soul.

• Yeah - just imagine if your pristine 64kbit/s-MP3-soundtrack from Youtube was desecrated by transferring it over some mundane, cheap Cat-5 cable - all the spirit and soul in it would be lost!

But joking aside: Even some competent contemporary musicians are prone to esoteric superstition with regards to music reproduction - just look at the weird and ill-informed web page of Lubomyr Melnyk - this guy is a genius playing the piano and he's composing great music - but his opinions on "digital music" are outright ridiculous.

• Even some competent contemporary musicians are prone to esoteric superstition with regards to music reproduction - just look at the weird and ill-informed web page of Lubomyr Melnyk

Looks logical, I mean, in his idealistic universe. As he stated that sound is not some material thing you are free to propose any such theory.

• Obama: No matter what ethernet cable I use, it just doesn't sound that good. So, now that I can afford it, ( at tax payers's expense) I bring LIVE musicians to my house! And uh....for an hour or so, I can pretend to have Soul! :)