Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fun pseudoscience about lenses

The lens review industry considers “high performance optics” to possess properties located well below the high-aperture and optical correction by glass element line of the diagram. This, of course, educates the consumer to seek “optical correction” in order to fully enjoy the value of his high-resolution camera. The message is usually transmitted through:

1. 100% crops of each areas of the frame, emphasizing corner and edge correction for edge to edge resolution.
    2. 100% crops of the blur circles of confusion (the bokeh).
    3. Numerical “sharpness” values based on how many “lines of resolution” is measured.
    4. Persecuting vignetting and distortion as defects of the lens.

Often referred as a “cold and clinical lens”, such an ideal lens has quite limited abilities, especially if the user wishes to shoot other things aside from high-contrast for “ultra-lowlight or ultra-thin-DoF handheld photography”: a lens in the red zone, below the “line of realism” wouldn’t perform as well for spaces, still or moving life capture compared to a another with much less correction and much more 3D as well as tonality.

I especially LOVE samples

http://petapixel.com/2016/03/14/problem-modern-lenses/

And all he needs is just some physics knowledge and understanding real lens work and measurement process.

img275.jpg
    800 x 506 - 45K
    img276.jpg
    799 x 574 - 66K
    img277.jpg
    798 x 573 - 56K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • LOL! You made my day.

• @nomad and this is the anally raped light guy from whom he probably got his ideas, complete show XD

• Is this guy making fun of the "flatness" of Asian girls lol? In any case I like the first pic way better.

• Very funny theory.

• Damn! Angry Photographer broke my B.S. meter!