Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Life of capitalists: Google stole 11 billion euros of tax money
  • Google moved 10.7 billion euros ($12 billion) through the Netherlands to Bermuda in 2014, as part of a structure which allows it to earn most of its foreign income tax free.

Accounts for Google Netherlands Holdings BV published on Thursday show the unit transferred almost all its revenue, mainly royalties from an Irish affiliate through which most non-U.S. revenue is channeled, to a Bermuda-based, Irish-registered affiliate called Google Ireland Holdings.

The tax strategy is known to accountants as the "double Irish, Dutch Sandwich'. It allows Google, now part of holding company Alphabet Inc, to avoid triggering U.S. income taxes or European withholding taxes on the funds, which represent the bulk of the group's overseas profits.

A Google spokesman said the company follows the tax rules in all the countries where it operates.

Well, it is always good to remember

Law is the will of the ruling class transformed into legal regulations.

To understand why criminals are called as "company that follows the tax rules".

It is also good to understand that moral is not absolute, as yours morale and Google morale are to opposite things.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Meh. Nothing new. And Google is of the more liberal variant of American corporations... Yet still dirty as them all! Those profits need to go to the execs to fund their hooker and blow addictions

• Liberal word here do not play any role at all. It is just capitalist corporation. Some are considered "liberal" some "old time conservative", it does not change anything.

We had older post showing that biggest US corporations actually pay negative taxes (had been paid from tax payers money).

• Maybe. I think crony corporatist is more like it.

• Similar things are true with lower income people in the US as well (negative taxes)

In the us, being irresponsible is rewarded. Such as having kids out of wedlock. Buddy of mine has 3 kids with 3 different women and the government pays him 10k "back" in taxes yet he only paid 2k.... Where are they getting the other 8k? Hhhmmmmm... Maybe my married self sufficient self?!?

• Maybe. I think crony corporatist is more like it.

It does not matter.

• The true working class poor in the US will ALWAYS pay for everyone else.

• In the us, being irresponsible is rewarded. Such as having kids out of wedlock. Buddy of mine has 3 kids with 3 different women and the government pays him 10k "back" in taxes yet he only paid 2k.... Where are they getting the other 8k? Hhhmmmmm... Maybe my married self sufficient self?!?

They get this money from grown kids of someone like him. :-) And looking on how they live, they have most of them left even.

The true working class poor in the US will ALWAYS pay for everyone else.

Do not know such thing as "true working class". As if you do not have rich parents savings you live on and you do not have capital goods you can use for production you are, well, member of working class who must go and sell your work.

• I think your missing my point. The working class poor are people like myself that work 50+ hrs but are still just scraping by. Can't pay all the lazy ass people their weekly stipends and the corporations their tax breaks if I'm not at work! Right?!

• The working class poor are people like myself that work 50+ hrs but are still just scraping by. Can't pay all the lazy ass people their weekly stipends and the corporations their tax breaks if I'm not at work!

Yep, but until capitalism persists it is your destiny :-)

img114.jpg
    579 x 283 - 59K
  • @VK (Guess you mean "until it perishs" or "as long as it persists".)