Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH1 help, won't record video
  • I've tried to figure this problem out for a while. when I have the recording format set to AVCHD, pressing the record button doesn't do anything. Theres no recording indicator on the screen, and no video file is made. For whatever reason setting it to MJPEG allows recordings to work. Is there an issue with my SD card speed, or is there some setting I've missed?

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • is it the same , whether you're shooting in movie mode , or in m,s or a mode ?

• do you have a hack installed ? If not, install a tried and true, and if so, return to pany firmware. Otherwise, it shoots real nice 720p !

• I have the LPowell Reliable In-Camera Playback Settings one installed right now. Which hack would you recommend?

• that's about the most stable , but you do have to pulldown the 24p. If you had a slow ...and you do need a reasonably fast card, but if it was the card, it would record a few seconds and then give an error message. I'd ask @vitaliy, if my guess is correct....to reinstall the original firmware, and then see what you get. I'd have to venture a guess that it's all a risk at this point. It just depends what's really wrong, and what you want to bet.

• the problem is still present with the official 132 firmware installed. I have a class 6 SD card, and it does record mjpeg which i thought had a higher datarate than avchd.

• ok..first thing ...get a class10 card ! I even found I needed an extreme pro class 10 to not get error messages using the same hack esp at 1080/24p! However , even though they're cheap, I don't think that's your problem...because it would start recording and then show an error message if the card couldn't handle the data. If you put it in vga recording avchd, does it do the same thing ?

• I'll definitely pick up a better sd card. Oddly enough I switched out the sd for a class 4 card and magically avchd recordings worked fine... if it really was an issue with that sd card a message telling me would have been nice. Glad I finally got this problem figured out though.

• so it was the card ! ....to shoot hacks , you definitely need an ultra class 10 card

• Try the "No Diagonal Rain Patch" it works with low speed cards.