Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Help working with AVCHD files on mac/Optimal workflows.
  • Hello, I am new to the GH family of cameras and the GH2 is my first. Firstly I just have to say the AVCHD format is just weird. I am not use to the way it packages footage and metadata into one file. I've been trying to research optimal workflows to handle the files coming off the camera with the high bitrate Driftwood patches to edit in FCP and Adobe.

I've read that some people use 5DtoRGB (trial version keeps crashing) and MPEG Streamclip to convert files for editing. So far I've found the easiest route on Mac is to open the 'package contents' and grab the .MTS files to convert into ProRes through Quicktime. I've been doing this for about a month now and now wondering if this is indeed the best workflow or whether there is a better workflow out there.

Thank you!

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Try Clipwrap. It will re-wrap the h264 files into a Quicktime wrapper with no conversion & it is very quick.