Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Is there a solution for longer file lengths than 4 minutes with Driftwood settings?
  • Hi Guys,

I've been testing the: *** NEW **** Driftwood INTRA Patch: 'AQuarius' 1080p24 AQ3 with 720p50 AQ3. Posted Nov 3. (This is the only GH2 hack I've used, as I've just bought the camera)

I've been having problems with files longer than 4 minutes. The camera just shuts off at about 3:58, and Final Cut wont recognise the file, although shorter files on the same card are recognised sometimes. I'm also getting the '!' logo over the file picture in playback mode (see image attached)

Is this problem solved by using the UHS-1 Sandisk cards?

Thanks
    Jon

Sandisk 8GB - Class 10 - 30MB/s
    Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
    photo.JPG
    320 x 240 - 26K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • @Jon2323 please post this in http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/443/basic-and-beginner-questions

But to answer: There is currently no cards that will allow spanning on the GH2 for such high bit rate settings. Maybe in the future- or maybe not we just don't know how fast the internal buss is of the GH2.

That said- the internal bus is also not UHS-1 so that won't help (unless there is a way to update this with firmware? But probably unlikely).

What is happening is that the FAT32 file system (used for the SD card) can't save files in chunks larger than 4gig- so it has to span the data over many files.

That is all fine- however with the current patches pushing the limits of every part of the GH2- spanning has now current way of writing a new container structure without skipping a beat. So you just get an error- and it stops recording.

Normally there is no issue with playback on computer.

Cheers and welcome to the club! (Make sure to buy VK a drink or something in the donate now button!)
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions