Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic goes to 3 year warranty
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • That's really good news also for the existing owners of these Panasonic products, as it means the planned obsolescence self-destruct timer in those goods it set to something longer than 3 years :-)

• Good news indeed! Wonder why it was not 2 or 4 years? Perhaps 3 years will become the new product cycle for camera bodies?

• Since they don't honor their warranties, who cares.

• When I bought the Panasonic AC90 back in December 2012, I got a 3 year warranty like any of their other professional cameras. Basically the consumer cameras are getting what the professional cameras had for a while now.

With that said, I bet the warranty for accessories are 10 days. A few days ago, I asked Panasonic support if I can get my AC90's battery replaced since the 2 parts of a battery body came loose and so I have tape holding it together. I was told that it's not possible because the battery only has a 10 day warranty. I'm still in shock over that.

• I guess this is only for cameras bought in the US or US online shops, right?

• You need to check other regions sites or call them to understand.