Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Hack Not Working, Solved
  • I tried to figure this out as much as I can before going to the forums. But I'm doing something wrong. I used to have a GH1 which I've hacked successfully numerous times. But something isn't going well for me in my attempt to hack the GH2.

So here's what I did:

Prep:

1. Downloaded pTools 3.62D
    2. Downloaded base firmware
    3. Grabbed Driftwood patch

Process:

(I first preformatted the card in-camera)

1. I open pTools 3.62
    2. I load base firmware.
    3. I choose setting "B"
    4. I save firmware as GH2_V11.bin (original GH2_V10.bin)
    5. I load SD card with bin file in root directory.
    6. I press playback button.
    7. I get "No Valid Image to Display."

When I did the same thing with my GH1, I would get the prompt if I wanted to version up.

Any thoughts?
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • problem solved. thank you. i don't know why, but it only worked when i saved the firmware to the camera by plugging it in through USB. I used to be able to plug it into my macbook SD card reader and dump the firmware there and put the card in the camera.
  • @ycabrera I don't know why this would be the case? Maybe there is a problem with your SD card reader you are using? (Macbook?) Maybe try using an external SD card reader to dump the firmware as a test?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions