Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
All new AMD cards do not support HDMI 2.0 and H.265
  • Including rebranded R9 390X cards and also including new AMD Fury and Fury X cards.

So, if you plan to work with 4K videos on 4K monitors/TV and/or edit and play H.265 (will be standard in almost all next ear cameras) you are better with NVidia cards.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • ... or wait for the first mainboards that use the feature of the Intel Skylake CPUs to drive an HDMI 2.0 output. (Which, sadly, is also not quite as sure as it should be: The first mainboards that were presented for the Skylake CPU series did not have an HDMI 2.0 outlet, for whatever weird cost cutting reasons.)

Or wait for the first DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a adapters, a chip to build such has recently been announced.

• Or wait for the first DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a adapters

I think some are available already. But all will have issues with HDCP and such.

And they won't be cheap thing.

• As long as DisplayPort does not support HDCP 2.2, there is no way for some DP-to-HDMI adapter to proxy it to an HDMI 2.0 sink. The Specs state it would be able to forward earlier HDCP versions... which are of course irrelevant for current DRM'ed 4k content.

But with regards to one's own recordings, that shouldn't be a problem... I for one don't encrypt my own recordings to keep me from watching them :-)

• But with regards to one's own recordings, that shouldn't be a problem...

It is also no problem for any torrents user :-)