Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ND throttle adapter? Any othern than the Fotodiox Vizelex Throttle?
  • Hi!

After I heard of the Fotodiox ND Throttle, I got really excited. But after doing some research, disappointment washed over me, as I saw a lot of people complaining that it came apart when used with heavier lenses. So now I'm on the lookout for a better option, if you guys know of any? Thanks!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Try out the HolyManta ND - the build quality is much better and you are able to pull the ND out completely (slips in and out seamlessly without physically leaving the adapter). I've used it with the Sony A7S (is a must for the minimum ISO of 3200 in SLog).

http://www.holymanta.com/pages/holymanta-adapters

HolyManta VND - not sure about how it holds up with heavier lenses but the build quality seems better and in general more solid - I also own the Fotodiox ND Throttle - works well with smaller primes like Contax or Leica R.

• @AllenHrynick I've got the Fotodiox, and have used it mostly with mid/wider lenses, so I guess I haven't challenged it at all. It seems to work fine. How's the HolyManta in comparison other than build issues?

Neil

• @rNeil The HolyManta allows ND to be removed completely which is really handy. The adapter basically lives on my body. Great build quality.

• Intriguing. But apparently they've not built one to work with Nikon lenses to MFT. Ah well, thanks for the info ... ;-)

Neil