Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Miraizon Gone ... and ProRes licenses on PC
  • Went to the Miraizon site to check on the price for their codec pack that includes ProRes & DNxHD for Mac/PC ... and found this ... which as Miraizon was the only place a PC user could get ProRes is rather an unhappy discovery.

Neil

Miraizon.JPG
    455 x 196 - 34K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • http://hdcinematics.com/convert-V2.html

It's a stand alone converter, so it is not as convenient as Mirazon, but on the other hand, it's free. For DNXHD you can always download the free codec from Avid.

• Yeah, it's just the Miraizon version was better than the DNxHD straight from Avid. They've always been pretty terrible with their codecs. I'm glad I got my license before Miraizon croaked.

5D2RGB also converts several h264 camera formats to ProRes on Windows.

• It says on 5d2rgb homepage that prores and dpx only available on mac

• The Miraizon codec package included setting up ProRes on your PC so that is was a "standard" installed codec, and one could say export from PrPro to ProRes. PrPro on a PC can read & work with ProRes but not export to that codec without the Miraizon licensed installer thing.

I see that ClipToolz has the ability to convert things TO ProRes, but I'm still wondering ... does that mean if installed that ProRes is an available codec on the computer for other programs? Could I export from PrPro direct to ProRes? If I needed to export then convert, it wouldn't be of interest as far as ProRes is concerned. I'd simply export in DNxHD instead.

Neil

• @Gallo22 ... thanks, didn't know of this one. It would do and does add H.265, which isn't in the Adobe DVA's as of yet. The Miraizon was a codec license, so was a one-time rather than a current fee with upgrades to come for a slightly higher cost ... but oh well. ;-)

Neil