Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
HALO - Redrock Micro's revolutionary focus system
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Saw the demonstrations in person and the tech is very impressive. Sounds like they are still finalizing details and whatnot but the rep said price was expected to be between $2000 and $5000 depending on what all comes in the kit. I don't think it's something I'll drop the cash for (seems more like a luxury than a necessity in most cases) but I can certainly imagine renting one for certain shoots.

• Remarkable. Even at $5K it's an amazing deal.

• To me, it looks like some sort of Kinect with special software, so the system can't see trough the lens...

...it has to be calibrated very carefully. Not only start and end points but every point in between, as the system doesn't know how much focus throw equals how much displacement of the focal point. It would be very interesting to see how they are going to do that - I thinks, THATs going to be the problem with this system.

Otherwise it will only work with camera+lens combinations Redrock has already done it.

• Looks amazing but I don't think it's going to keep someone's eye in focus at F1.2

Still crazy awesome cool though.

• I watched the use of this at NAB for quite a spell. It might occasionally have a problem at f1.2, but by f1.4 probably not ... ;-)

Neil