Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
C300 Mark II, C500 MK2 and EOS C700 the new 4K from Canon
  • I have confirmed that in NAB we probably be able to see the new upgrades called Mark 2 for the existing C300 and C500 EOS lines. This cameras are expected to have 4K support, and at least 4K internal recording on the C500. Well, this cameras are out there for more than 3 or 4 years so an update is a must for Canon. Now there is more competence with great cameras from Sony and Panasonic. So Canon need to address this in order to not loose market share.

A part of C300 and C500 mk2 (C100 mk2 was released some weeks ago), today we received (we not the only ones) a suspicius Press Release and photo of a Canon EOS C700 model.

Press release states that C700 includes a 35mm sensor, 4K 4:4:4 at 14Bit Some sites including canonrumours.com say that this is a fake, they think about a fake by the picture, but we believe that, if it is a fake is for the specs, as 4K at 4:4:4 and 14Bit is not available in any other camera of this size.

More than 12Bit requires go for a F65 or equivalent, but.. who knows ?

The PR cotinues explaining that new cameras will features a How Swap Compact Flash and Hard Disk Recording or 3x 2.5", so that conforms it is almost a 80% fake as 3 units of 2.5" size is not logical for a EOS form size.

But PR mentions some models: CTH-702 for the hard drives, etc .. Also New Metadata Extensions and a OPEN FORMAT EOS XML METADA SPECIFICATION 1.0

A few days remain for NAB so stay tuned, Who know, again, rememebr last years ? Canon annouced almost nothing new, so can they finally loose ots market, probably or not

Well, was rumores just one month ago, but today more news, so might be the C700x not a rumour - See more at: http://thehouseofvideo.com/c300-mark-ii-c500-mk2-and-eos-c700-the-new-4k-from-canon/#sthash.eQ9JDT5w.dpuf

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • I have confirmed that in NAB we probably be able to see the new upgrades called Mark 2 for the existing C300 and C500 EOS lines.

You?

• "confirmed" and "probably" in the opening sentence of this. that's where i stopped.

• Confirmed , for the 2 first cameras, and probably for the last one. Simply read, simply interpretation. Lol

• GOODYES, the info about a "C700" was faked.

• I think I can 100% confirm that this is all most likely a fake rumor and probably not true.

• I can confirm: 100% maybe.

• Definitely Maybe:

• jja thats not enought .. you know the Spanish song "Depende" .. todo depende

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions