Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Insidious: Chapter 3
  • Any thoughts on this third installation? Apparently the guy who penned the first two will be directing this one instead of James Wan, I guess since he was off to film furious 7 and figured 2 were enough already.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Uff, these horror movies get all the same. Easy jump-scares all the time, weak creepiness. If you want a creepy less know movie, have a look at "Lord of tears"

Watch it, I can guarantee it becomes better and better until the end

• As with most franchises in Hollywood, the sequels end up turning a profit from the names that are associated with them. Whether Wan is in the director's chair or not doesn't really matter anymore. That is, the third installment will turn a profit just because James Wan is producing.

I agree with @Flablo

For whatever reason, the public enjoys pale faced ghost children that look like they died while on the set of an Off Broadway production of Newsies. Throw in some jump scares and some detuned violin scrapes etc...and it's horror.

@Gardner

Some other noteworthy titles that I have found to be creepy.

"The Drop of Water" - Part of Black Sabbath (Bava)

"Burnt Offerings"

"Session 9"

"The Uninvited" - 1944

"The Changeling"

And my personal favorite: "The Innocents" - 1961

I think you'll learn a lot more from watching the films I listed than you will any of the more contemporary ghost stories.

Cheers

• @theshittywizard ah ah totally agree about the ghosts! Great selection.

• @theshittywizard My personal favorites: Children of The Corn, It, Rosemary's Baby, Carrie (not the latest one), and Halloween. I've seen session 9 but I never got around to watching it.

@flablo I'll have to check it out