Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Apple: Story of Idiots
  • Well, making such things:

Who else you must be?

• Warranted overheating paired with greatly underperforming CPU - check
    • Super ultra slim keyboard with tiny travel - check
    • Lack of ports with only USB type C (no ports at ALL if you are connected to power) - check
    • No SDHC card reader
    • 802.11ac Wi-Fi paired with all metal case with part that plays as antenna (ala iPhone) for slow speed - check
    • Impossible to repair - check
    • Unipressive screen compared to 4K 13" competition - check
    • Highest margin ever for such note - check
  • 14 Replies sorted by
  • yep....underperforming, underspec'ed, and overpriced....all reasons , after 6 macs...not counting the original 128k my employer bought me....that I switched to windows...leaving fcp behind too...for what I consider a better nle...sony vegas ...where you have kickass competition and ...imho...a better os.

If you think not, uninstall an application on apple...and discover that just dragging the app to the trash left behind alot of crap, while on windows...they've got that one all figured out ! And for the price of an air, you could buy a msi with a quad i7, a nice gpu, fhd panel etc !

...but it was a shame to sell the apple stock at 50 !

• ...but it was a shame to sell the apple stock at 50 !

Yep, it was necessary to stop believe in intellect presence in most of people long time ago.

• The lousiest rip-off IMHO is that "Apple Watch" which is not only inferiour to its many pre-existing competitors, but comes with really embarrasing shortcomings such as "maximum 18h runtime per charge", not being watertight, not being of much use without an additional iPhone nearby etc. - what a piece of overpriced junk!

• The lousiest rip-off IMHO is that "Apple Watch" which is not only inferiour to its many pre-existing competitors, but comes with really embarrasing shortcomings such as "maximum 18h runtime per charge", not being watertight, not being of much use without an additional iPhone nearby etc. - what a piece of overpriced junk!

If you stop emotions and think of it as win-win game.

Actually, they are selling you accessory at huge margin. Promote it as something you can SHOW to everyone. Most of the functions are not really necessary. But watches image and price are important. Such thing just tells everyone - I am modern man, trendy and I have money. Actually most expensive watches are bough by people you can't afford to buy such things but want to make reverse statement.

• ha...that reminds me of the overpriced store in mexico called liverpool. You can buy something there double the price, but you get to say you bought it at Liverpool. The funniest thing is their shopping bags are even sold in garage sales, so people can use them to carry their junk...but everyone thinks they shop at Liverpool !!

ps...and I've been noticing apple's product placement in just about every american film. They're telling us that to be a good american, you need that apple logo stuck to your head ...like the third eye !

• It is big part of top smartphones success - being able to show them (two other ones - being able to various things at work or school where you can not do it on due to absence of computer that fact that it is monitored, and also selling them on contract where you do not see your huge expenses combined)

• One other important thing, but it is not about idiots, it is about greedy bastards.

Kicked Andrew Keen (http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/12419/how-todays-online-social-revolution-is-dividing-diminishing-and-disorienting-us) actually has one simple and true idea in his book. He tells that big part of the value of internet giants is made by free work they ask to do for them (even very small things - just sit a little and think, where all this phrases you ever told to your phone using dictation or search or such are going - all are recorded and stored and used permanently by government and corporations) .

Here they pulled same stunt with medicine. Huge medical corporations with piles of money, you can't say they are unable to pay for research. Hence you stick academic institutions (in parallel you make them look like poor rats) and add statement that it is bad that people are paid for participating in medical experiments and research. But if you have iPhone, you are lucky guy - you could do it for free now.

• People don't understand that an alien parasite has attached itself to the base of the hippocampus until it is too late. But that means there will be more food for the rest of us.

• But that means there will be more food for the rest of us.

I am not so sure. This guys are becoming better in recognition and automatic surveillance very fast. In years they could have some worldwide law that set anyone declaring that system is wrong or banks need to be demolished to be something like "worse than terrorist - impure thinking man".

• and to think Apple is considering getting into (smart?) cars... can you imagine? I'm sure the iCar OS will only allow you to drive on Apple approved roads and park in Apple approved garages.

• @DrDave- obviously you haven't looked at wealth distribution ...and it'll get worse.

Hey...'bout that watch. Hehehe...it'll only charge for 18 hrs ! And that's new. In a year it'll hold a 6 hr charge !

And did you see this ....

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/10/ispy-cia-campaign-steal-apples-secrets/

So it's true...buy apple and be connected ....to the cia !

• Really don't understand the new MacBook - 1 port for everything renders it completely f**king useless as anything other than a fashion accessory...........that comes in a variety of tasteful colours.

• Due to the gluey mess of a battery, soldered RAM, and other proprietary problems, the MacBook Pro 13″ Retina Display Early 2015 scrapes the bottom of the barrel with a 1 out of 10 on the repair scale.