Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Video card recommendation, please
  • I'm running Resolve 11 Lite on a desktop with a 6 core I7, 32gb of RAM, a 240gb boot SSD, a 2 disk RAID, and an extra SSD (not sure I've optimized my disk usage. I have 1,000W PS.

My video card is a GTX770. I want to add a second card purely for CUDA acceleration. My target is around 300USD.

Seems to me people aren't impressed with the 970s for Resolve?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • The CUDA will only be for export, not for playback. Unless that has changed...us a GPU meter to see how much of your card is being used as far as the CUDA end.

• Look for the GTX 780(2300 Cuda cores) or the GTX 780ti(2880 Cuda cores).

• So skip the newer 900 series?

• Yeah. From my exp. skip 9 series. I went from 650 ti 1gb, 760 2gb, 970 4gb. Dont get me wrong great card for gaming but for editing the 780 has more cuda cores, high bus rate, ect. similar perf. with games too. I got 970 stoked on it and I cant even use it for adobe cuda related tasks because maxwell isnt even supported. So as of right now im in the struggle of selling my 970 taking a $70-110 loss and getting a 780.

• Sadly the price of 780s doesn't seem to have come down much in the last few years. I guess that's an indicator that the replacemnt technology really hasn't improved.