Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Huawei Honor 3c
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • What can be wrong with it?

I had an excruciatingly bad experience with an allegedly good Jiayu G5. It was absolutely awful so I am gun shy. but I know a guy that went to the Hauwei factory and said the place was impressive. The have big facilities in Europe and Canada I hear so maybe I will have better luck this time.

• wow, that's a lot of phone for $99

• I had an excruciatingly bad experience with an allegedly good Jiayu G5.

What was bad? Hardware issues?

• What was bad? Hardware issues?

Even when I opened it up and installed the battery, as a brand new phone, the corner of the battery crumbled off as if it was made of pie crust. I didn't even force it, it was just terrible quality. Then the phone would hang endlessly. Then it would just shut off randomly, then battery life nosedived, and this was all within a few weeks. Hard to return it, so it's a gamble if the thing won't work well. It also had a lot of chinese bloatware that couldn't be removed unless you were willing to follow some long online tutorial. And the Jiayu at the time were not at all cheap as I recall. Certainly not the $99 like the one you listed. For $99 a person can take a risk, but that Jiayu wasn't cheap. It looked really nice though and the screen was excellent. Just too many other things wrong with it.

• Just too many other things wrong with it.

Shit happens.

Jiayu is quite common to have flaws, especially at initial stages as they are mostly out of stock, so push things hard, including using parts from any supplier, overworked personnel, trying to fix defective units, etc.