Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FS:Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
  • Looking to sell my gtx 970 ive had for bout 2 months works great , I just want to get the gtx 780 so i can use adobe cc ect. shoot me some offers., cost me bout $388 after tax and shipping so id like to get around $300.

thanks.

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • also got a 120gb samsung ssd, might thro it in for right price if someone buys the 970.

• , I just want to get the gtx 780 so i can use adobe cc ect

Any reason to do it?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1645752

• oh wow ! super cool. looks like a 1gb cuda file for download les see if i can get cuda accel in the cc aps. this might change things.

but vital, quick question

wouldnt a 780 perform better for video editing/rendering since it has wider bus 384bit and 2300+ cuda cores as the 970 has 1660ish.

• wouldnt a 780 perform better for video editing/rendering since it has wider bus 384bit and 2300+ cuda cores as the 970 has 1660ish.

I think it does not matter much. You can search around

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/computers-and-studio-gear

For some performance in Adobe apps, I think it is very little or no difference at all.

But 970 has good 4K HDMI 2.0 :-)

• hmm alright. what is visual studio , that i need for this cuda setup? it says i need explorer 10 for it to function correctly. says i need 11gb of space accross all drives too.

• well that didnt seem to do anything at all. I installed the 2 programs and I still get shader compile failed ect.

what did i miss?

• I can confirm it seems to be working in adobe premiere pro cc.

software : 25- secs to export cuda: 10- secs to export or less

• not too sure on what to do here, is there anyone at all that is able to use ray trace with the 970? I read that whole thread and people are unsure if its working right because ray tracse isnt working.

• The number of cuda cores makes a real difference in PP in certain cases, like for example if you add four color wheels on a clip in CC, which is more and more common because of the new mask features. You can easily max out the cores with the filters. One card is used for playback, but you can stack two cards for render.

As I posted in the other thread for which you asked this same question, you are unlikely to get it to work if it has a Maxwell core for ray tracing in AE.

• Yeah im tryin to sell it, i think $330 is fair price for the 970 + 120gb samsund ssd.

thanks for the info.

realllly hope i can sell it soon. Cuz my only option in gettin a 780 is craigslist,ebay or newegg. newegg has PNY 780 for $280 after $30 rebate that ends on the 28th.

• $280 shipped. comes with original box and everything.

• Hi, very interested in the Gigabyte G1 GTX 970.