Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
C4K footage from GH4 is too wide for various FCPX plugins
  • Hi all, here are two scaled down examples of the issue.

image image

About 5-10% of left and right of the frame doesn't have the plugin applied to it. I have found this issue exists with Hycolor and various plugin sets from FCP effects, Pixel Film Studios and Red Giant.

I have been having this issue since day one owning a GH4 and assumed that the issue would be fixed in a Final Cut update or updates to the plugins. I have tried various scaling, crops and trims while trying to keep the existing aspect radio with no luck. I know I can crop it away after the fact but that's the last thing I would want to do.

Anyone else having this issue?

Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 8.06.38 pm.png
    1000 x 433 - 974K
    Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 8.08.36 pm.png
    1000 x 438 - 942K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • I wasn't aware of it as I did not edit 4K up to now but I can confirm your experience. It does not cover the image in 4K DCI but works in a 16:9 4K UHD project. If your footage is 4K DCI in a UHD Project you have to set the spatial adaption to "fill". A quick workaround if you need the PlugIn for 4K DCI : add an adjustment layer and scale the layer. The upcoming version 2.0 will be fully adapted to 4K