Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Patriot UHS-II EP PRO-II SDXC with 250Mb/s write speed

Will be available at 16gb, 32gb and 64gb sizes.

Price from $120 to $200.

var27.jpg
    622 x 390 - 48K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Now where's the camera that records at 2000MBit/s to use this feature? :-)

(But I seriously doubt this card will actually write this bandwidth sustained. Basically all SD cards I've tested in the past dropped to a small fraction of their advertised max writing speed once you've written more than ~ 1 GB of data.)

• @karl

Tell us about your testing procedure. As I do not see this in the serious tests.

As for bitrate - raw 4K data requires such things.

• I'm talking about tests as simple as (in some Linux shell, assuming /dev/sdc to be the block device associated with the SD card) "yes deadbeef12345 | dd of=/dev/sdc bs=1024k count=32768 oflag=direct " and then watching the output of "iostat -dx 3" and looking at the total time taken to write those 32 GB.

I've not had any SD card yet which exceeded ~20MB/s over extended periods of time.

• @karl

It can be good idea to read the test procedures of leading hardware sites and use appropriate tools?

SD cards as well as SSD disks performance can degrade (especially if they are almost full), but controllers evolve fast.

As well as check your own card reader and hardware.