Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mixing OCZ SLI RAM with normal Patriot RAM
  • I originally have a 2 x 1GB OCZ SLI DDR2 RAM with CLS4 latency. I decided to upgrade my RAM and bought 2 X 4GB Patriot Signature DDR2 RAM with CLS6 latency. I install the ram in dual memory order. So each ram in the same slot color.

But once i boot the PC, everything runs but nothing is being displayed. No bios, nothing. Fans are all blowing at full speed and its noisy. But once i remove either the OCZ/Patriot ram then everything runs like normal. Im sure the rams has no problem. Is there some kind of compability issue? As far as i can see, only the latency are different. Everything else is the same.

I am not sure if i can even post this here but heck i need help! This rig is for my video editing!
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • All 4 sticks at the same time? Yes you can get an incompatibility issue. Try the 2 x 4GB sticks by themselves then if that works fine you could try all 4 but with the the patriot's in the slots the OCZ's where in.

A motherboard will try to run them all at one slower speed
  • Ok thanks for the reply. Ill try it and report back
  • Looks like something old with DDR2 ram :-)

Want to give good advice: buy simple memory, never buy overclockers one with big heatsinks from OCZ and similar brands.