Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gh4 4k 30 fps studder
  • Im getting a studder in slUHDow pans shooting in shutter priority with my shutter set at 60. I filmed in same way using P mode and it was fine. I know program mode isnt desirable because of floating shutter speeds but I used the 360 rule and was displeased with results. I tested at 4k UHD 100 bites 29.970 with very slow pan and shutter at 60 and it studders. Any thoughts?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • My 30P 4k videos stutters in monitor but are silky smooth in TV (motion smoothing on).

You can reduce stutter by:

-slower shutter

-soft background

-slower pan

-reduce sharpness and contrast (not helping much)

-using frame interpolation (Motion enhancements in TV or computer)

-sometimes player drops frames and looks like stutter.

-P mode uses higher shutter in bright light, it is not good for 30P.

• thank you for responding. I looked at my footage after I burned a blu ray using vegas pro 12. so i saw it on my television it actually looked fine in preview window in vegas. I wonder if its a sony vegas issue. ill try lowering the shutter speed and see what happens thank you. What speed would you recommend

• You can try anything between 1/30-1/60s. I have got very good results in dark places at 1/30s. If you want to stabilize in post 1/60 or even higher is better. You must test yourself and understand what is best for different situations and what are of pros/cons.