Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Tip: Secure Your GH4 Eyecup
  • Hi,

I would suggest that users of the GH4 secure the rubber eyecup to the body using a few narrow strips of two-sided tape - (the gummy kind) or something like a bit of silicone adhesive.

It takes very little force to remove this thing. For instance taking the camera in and out of a back, pocket or pack.

The replacement part is costly (over $30.00 USD and will take time out of your shooting.

I used a few strips of 4mm wide, two-sided tape, because I also wanted to lock the diopter dial in place.

I'm not attaching a picture, because the camera can't take a picture of itself:)

I hope this helps any of you.

Over and out.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • The small plastic synchro socket cover is also easily displaced, as I recently discovered.

• I wish I had thought of that before mine vanished. That thing comes off waaay to easily

• @kingmixer - Dang! I was skating on a vast frozen lake and it came off. Another skater found it and now it's attached with elephant snot and an elastic band, in that order.

Maybe a thread for users like myself who handle this light equipment like an Arri SR (or worse) would be helpful. I probably should get a "cage" - well named thing. As I age, I'm getting more clumsy, that's for sure.

Bye for now

• Lost mine now. Never had a problem on GH2 or 3.