Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Let's start a new war!
  • 100 dudes? Bring lots of amo guys. Lots.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44906278/ns/world_news-africa/

WASHINGTON — The first wave of U.S. Special Forces Green Berets arrived in Uganda this week to support the battle against a guerrilla group accused of widespread atrocities, Pentagon and military officials told NBC News.

President Barack Obama has ordered up to 100 U.S. military trainers into central Africa to help combat the Lord's Resistance Army, a band of just 200 rebels behind a campaign of murder, rape and kidnapping that began 20 years ago.

Officials told NBC News on Friday the first dozen Green Berets were in Uganda and the remaining American trainers would be deployed to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic and South Sudan.

In the president's notification to Congress on Friday, Obama said the U.S. forces were combat-equipped and would provide assistance and training to regional forces working to remove the group's leader, Joseph Kony, and his band from the battlefield.

U.S. military officials told NBC News that although the Lord's Resistance Army has a force of only about 200 rebels, they have managed to operate for decades because the African nations involved have not pursued them.

The rebels' mobility and the terrain's difficulties also have made for a difficult fight. Attempts to negotiate peace failed in 2008 after Kony refused to sign a deal to end the killing.

U.S. officials told NBC News that the presence of American forces was intended, in part, to push the regional forces into taking action against the rebels.
    Advertise | AdChoices
    Advertise | AdChoices
    Advertise | AdChoices

Col. Felix Kulayigye, Uganda's military spokesman, said of the troops: "We are aware that they are coming. We are happy about it. We look forward to working with them and eliminating Kony and his fighters."
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • :-)

US fights China in Africa.
    It is long story. But looking at the methods used I could say that you can't use military if other side is building schools and infrastructure instead. :-)
  • Sweet Tap Dancing CHRIST!!! We go in what do people say...."They want the oil/minerals/land/water, etc...."

We don't go in, people say, "USA stand idly by as innocents are slaughtered!!!"

So, here's what I say.....Fuck all of you.
  • >"USA stand idly by as innocents are slaughtered!!!"

Every time I hear itm it is always truly democratic (tm) mass media in US and UK :-)
    Never hear this from other people.
  • @CRFilms - We don't go in, people say, "USA stand idly by as innocents are slaughtered!!!"

Really? Who says things like that anymore? (Aside from corporate media pundits.)
  • @LPowell, what the hell R U talking about. They have been saying things like that since Rwandan Genocide. It's totally true that the US is damned if it does and Damned if it doesn't. When we stayed out of WW's we got bashed for not getting in sooner. This country has made many mistakes over the years, but also done a lot of good in the world. No one is perfect especially in this F'd up world. I'll tell you what tho, if the US suddenly withdrew and did nothing in the world see how fast things got crazy.
  • >if the US suddenly withdrew and did nothing in the world see how fast things got crazy.

One of the very common myths :-)
  • @Aria
    The Rwandan Genocide was in 1994, when the USA was still expected to act like a nation that respects international law. And if you look once more at my post, you'll see I made an exception for the type of blowhards you're talking about.
  • Here's why I don't believe in the whole Bilderberg, Alex Jones, "Our corporate overlords have enslaved us and you're just too blind to see it maaannn!!" types.

If you believe that and you haven't either A: Killed yourself....or B: started planning armed insurection against said corporate/government overlords....you're a PUSSY. A straight up pussy.

So, as a person of Conscience, if I believed in this stuff....I wouldn't be posting here, I'd have some fertilizer and a copy of anarchist's cook book....planning shit. But I don't believe it so I'm buying GH1's and camera shit instead of bullets and gasoline. Last post I'll make in this type of topic.
  • @CRFilms

I really like to read your emotions.
    But I think it is main reason why you do not want to talk politics and economics.
    Both require mostly facts.
  • @CRFilms - "A: Killed yourself....or B: started planning armed insurection..."

How about C: Make films that explore the human condition.
  • @CRFilms - Don't bother. Vitaliy will just bait you. Please understand you are arguing with someone who seems to genuinely believe the US government was behind 911. It's straight up paranoia and cannot be reasoned with.

Vitaliy's idea of a fact seems to be whatever he 'feels' at this moment. This blog is littered with his emotional outbursts when he's challenged.

He's a few 'facts' for you Vitaliy:
    http://www.depression-guide.com/paranoia.htm
    http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/paranoia
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paranoia
  • @Aria You wrote:
    "I'll tell you what tho, if the US suddenly withdrew and did nothing in the world see how fast things got crazy."

Just like our government telling us: "if we don't feed the banks from your tax money instead of letting them go bankrupt (like we would do mercilessly for any small enterprise if in trouble) all hell will break loose"… For whom?

BTW, a leading commercial TV channel (internationally owned) screened a documentary at the anniversary of 911 supporting the theory of a planned destruction of the twin towers, so Vitaliy is not the only one.

You don't think the US government would do such a thing? After the archives were opened we had to learn as a now established historical fact that they allowed the Japanese to bomb their fleet at Pearl Harbour and kill thousands of American citizens just to get the nation into WW II. They knew what was coming, since they already deciphered the Japanese radio communication.

Let's see what we learn about 911 after another 50 years…

And, yes, I'm a pussy working with a camera instead of a gun.

But then, I don't really believe in guns to turn anything to the better. What if the industrialized nations would first of all stop selling guns to those rebels instead of sending "military advisors"? They would have to resort to sticks or bows instead – far less efficient in killing.
  • @vitaliy
    But I think it is main reason why you do not want to talk politics and economics.
    Both require mostly facts.
    Only if you define a fact as a random statistic gleaned from questionable methodology, that's taken out of context to support some sort of emotion or religion based preconception.
    That's mostly how it works in politics and economics. Truth has about as much value as a case full of soggy and moldy betacam tapes.