Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Minimum requirement laptop for Sony a7s XAVC S-Log2
  • I am looking for a cheap laptop configuration essentially for editing and grading Sony a7s S-log2 footage (no 4k). ( I am coming from a glorious hacked gh1 and an old laptop, this has been a great practical combo for my projects for years but now I would like to take advantage of high iso and full frame for my documentaries). As for the software, I think I will use for the first times Resolve Lite as grading+ NLE free option. (Or as alternative Premiere Pro, LUTS via Lumetri). Could you please suggest me a minimum hardware requirement/laptop solution ? thay have said to me that XAVC S-Log2 do not requires great resources but it is the first time I face serious grading...

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9956/gh4-laptop-requirements#Item_57

In short - 4 core modern i7 mobile CPU, >=8GB RAM, good NVidia card with dedicated memory (check Davinci recommendations).

• thanks for your help! @Vitaliy_Kiselev