Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal-View.com website design - Responsive Design for Mobile Devices?
  • Hey everyone, I like to read this website on my iPhone and felt inspired to try to convert this website to a mobile friendly design. I know a little CSS, so I came up with the following changes to propose. Vitaliy, you can preview these changes by loading the website in Chrome, right clicking any page and clicking "Inspect Element". Then go to the "Sources" tab of the inspector and paste the following code TO TEMPORARILY REPLACE your current style.css code. The changes will only affect your browser until you reload, they don't change what's actually on the server.

Code is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx8kvy7jw4lxtwi/style.css?dl=0

Here is a demo/preview of the changes:

I welcome Vitaliy or other people to improve on these changes, I don't need any credit.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • I think good idea is to PM this to me. And discuss in details.

• Personal-view already loads in a mobile-friendly way on my Android device, with a slimmed-down interface and no to topic category list.

• Hmm, yes Vitaliy I may wish to discuss details in PM with you.

@balazer, yes I can see now that there are some mobile friendly features. The main missing features I see still are the lack of any rules forcing videos and images to fit smaller screens.

I'm busy this weekend, but may have time next weekend to PM you Vitaliy. Until then, feel free to take the best parts of my changes into consideration.

• images to fit smaller screens

Images fit your screen, just one that you had at the time of page load.

With videos it is much more complicated, but can be also done.

Resolution of mobile devices grow at very fast pace and such things become less actual.

• Hi Vitaliy, I am not experiencing what you are talking about with images fitting the screen. I'll PM you.

• Vanilla renders perfectly in mobile browsers. No need to download an app.

http://vanillaforums.com/features/mobile