Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 + Ninja Blade
  • Apologies if this is covered somewhere else but I've not spotted it, have seen issues with GH4 and had my own with the FZ1000. I've just been recording with the GH3 and Ninja Blade. I'm set to record 1080p25 (am in UK) on the GH3 with HDMI out set to auto (if I set it to 1080p I get no input on the Ninja). The Ninja Blade says it's receiving 25p but when I take out the SSD to edit in FCPX the footage I'm seeing looks mostly progressive but parts are very obviously interlaced. Anyone else had this, know a fix?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I vaguely remember you should wave the camera around a bit to encourage pull down to kick in. They have an online forum which will definitely be worth looking at.

• How weird. It looks fine most of the time, just these odd moments, it's pretty still monologues but where there is slightly more movement it just seems to revert to those horrible old lines.

• @belfryman sorry but the quality of gh3 videos is noticeably better with Ninja Blade (or similar recorder)?

• @lumixmaxgh3 Hi, not so far, because of these interlaced spots the footage is pretty much unusable. Well I used it, recorded on the blade and not internally at the same time, so that was a mistake. I've only used it once before, was for a long record, and then it kept stopping recording, not sure if GH3 was going to sleep, wasn't able to cjecl as doing something else.

• that was 'check' not my new word for visiting the doctor 'cjeckl'