Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
My final "non-hacked" GH2 piece of work
  • Of course a lot of GH2 buddies here talk about the latest hacks and developments. So I'd like to take a step back into the ancient time of "28mpbs" and introduce my latest work which also happens to be my final video shot using standard AVCHD.
    It was only shot a few days before Mr Kiselev released the first hack tools for the GH2 (but only now published by 686). How I was both excited and disappointed! I could have really used the hack to boost the shadow details.
    The following video was shot using only Lomo prime lenses.

Other than the fact that today's hacks allow us to shoot up to crazily 176mbps, has it changed your shooting style or film making method?

Thanks for watching

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Really like such videos.
  • Great work there Ed! I've been a huge fan and loyal supporter of 686 for almost 20 years. They make amazing gear for the snow (and now the street). The video was top notch in my opinion. Loved the overall feel. Currently in the planning stages myself of shooting something very similar to help launch the new board factory of the company I work for. It's also located in China. So your piece here was quite inspiring. Thanks for posting!
  • Man....that was a work of art. Wonderfully put together. That's a process that not too many of us get to see. I wasn't too sure about the music when it started...but realized quickly that it fit this piece to a tee. It (the music) made this good work that much more interesting. Great job.
  • @Vitaly_Kiselev @filthy @Ian_T
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • I like to see more of similar videos.

@ed_lee83

Do you have any?
  • @Vitaly_Kiselev

I actually did shoot a similar video even earlier for Swedish brand WeSC. But it's not edited by me and it's yet to be published either.
    Here are some of their other ones, though: