Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The Travel Diaries II
  • A personal project I spent the last 2.5 years on: collecting shots from local interesting or funny things on my business trips to certain corners of the world. As expected, I found many differences, but surprisingly also a lot of commonalities!

This video links the many places I visited together in a special way, and I hope you like the fact that sometimes you do not immediately notice that the next shot is almost 12.000km away, although it looks very similar ;-)

Krystian Shek (on twitter: @krystianshek) took the challenge to compose an original soundtrack for this endeavor which has one common theme, but also gives a local flavour, many thanks for that big effort Krystian! Have a look at his other songs on his website also: thaidust-music.com or on iTunes.

follow me on twitter: @gunmac

For those of you interested in the details, here we go: We enter a taxi in Shanghai which brings us to Singapore, where we watch the Marina Bay laser show from Asia's highest rooftop bar. The Skyscraper silhouette beams us to Houston, where pelicans find a home in Galveston Beach around oil rigs - we fly with the pelicans to Miami South Beach, where crazy cars directly get us to Dubai. The first rays of sunrise above the United Arab Emirates beam us directly to Nashville, US. Funky animals get us right to Malaysia, Kuantan. Fastfood is the key to brings us back to New York, US. The wall street raging bull has a twin in Shanghai, which is why we are beamed back to China - via cell phones we get back to Singapore, where we started our journey.

All shot on the various cam's I possessed over the last 2.5 years, the Lumix GH1, GH2 (both hacked), a GoPro Hero 3 black edition and finally the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera