Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SanDisk-bad quality housing.
  • Couple months ago, one of my friends warned me of bad quality of SanDisk SD cards. He said that he had to use a glue because his card had falen apart. And in general, people he knew, complain about their build quality. One month ago one of mine cards housing had broken. I didn't know when and why it happened. I have to explain that I use safe box for sd cards. Today another SanDisk card has fallen apart. It looks like they do not use proper glue to keep all parts of sd card together. Kingston cards, that I use longer than SanDisk cards, never has fallen apart, nor had been broken or something. Most people at Personal View recommend SanDisk cards for patches like Driftwood's Moon, Spizz, Nebula. I'd like to know, are there fast cards of other brands to use with these patches safetly, because i'm loosing trust for SanDisk cards.

What do you think about that: http://www.kingston.com/en/flash/sd_cards#sda3

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Well, for cards I saw Kingston was inferior.

As for SanDisk, they are very popular, hence lot of china made non original ones.

• All cards bougth at internet auth. SanDisk store. On the other hand, all Made in China :( So where to buy Made in Japan or else? :(

• Made in China

Who knows, MiC means nothing, they all are. SD cards are really fragile. May be buy better case for them and store carefully?

• or HD - heavy duty, ha ha