Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cheaper alternative to SmallHD DP4-EVF?
  • I'm looking for a moderately sized HDMI monitor, that doubles as an EVF -- like the SmallHD DP4-EVF, but I don't want to spend that much. There seem to be a lot of great affordable monitors coming from manufacturers in Asia, as seen in the deals here, but I haven't come across one with the EVF loupe attachment, yet.

The other important parameter for me is that it doesn't chew through batteries, like so many monitors oddly do.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • F&V has small EVF that they must sell soon

• Yes, that one looks very nice, but costs even more than the DP4-EVF! Really, I'm just looking for an affordable 3.5"-5" monitor that comes with removable viewfinder loupe, that's good quality, and doesn't eat through batteries... Good monitors can be had for $250 here, and good viewfinders can be found elsewhere for $100-$200. Why has no one combined the two into a sub-$450 product?

• Good monitors can be had for $250 here, and good viewfinders can be found elsewhere for $100-$200. Why has no one combined the two into a sub-$450

Only cheap viewfinder I know is not good. Good optics cost is >$100 (much more in resulting price) in EVF you can use for long.